5th generation family hotel just north of Lillehammer
The history of Nermo dates all the way back to 10 July 1442 when the deed of conveyance was signed by Bishop Olav of Bergen for Bengt Henrikson, knight and district governor of Gudbrandsdalen.
The very first tourists arrived at Nermo in 1877. Master sweeper Nygård, merchant Tygesen and prison bailiff Jørgensen were the first to spend the night at the farm before walking into the mountains where they had booked a room at the mountain farm belonging to Nermo.
Tourism and the demand for accommodation saw a gradual increase and Nermo Boarding House opened its doors in 1923. It all came to a tragic end however in 1932, when the entire farm burned to the ground, leaving only the storehouse standing. This was a hard blow for the family, but they had a fighting spirit and started planning and building almost immediately, so that a brand new hotel and outbuilding were completed by 1933.