Dating back to 1896, the year of the first modern Olympic Games, the Captain’s House is the legacy of Preveza’s more prominent families. Repurchased and restored in 2010 by the family’s eldest sons, it has since come to represent a bygone era. Located in the mountainous Epirus region known for rich culture, Preveza is no stranger to distinguished guests including early 19th century traveller Lord Byron, who arrived in 1809 before continuing north to the court of Ali Pasha in Tepelene. After the town was liberated from Turkish occupation in 1912, Princess Marie Bonaparte visited the Captain’s House, a photograph of which is proudly displayed at the hotel reception.
Located at the mouth of the Ambracian Gulf in an area known for natural splendour, far-reaching history, exceptional wetlands, beaches, and a boating marina all within easy reach of the hotel, Preveza was founded towards the end of the 13th Century near the ruins of Berenikia, close to where Augustus defeated Marc Antony and Cleopatra’s army in the Battle of Actium, the final war of the Roman Republic. The nearby ruins of Nicopolis, built in honour of the Roman victory, are found 5km north of the town.
9 tastefully decorated rooms, satellite TV, internet access, safe deposit box, hair dryer, mini bar, deluxe bath amenities.
Private events up to 30 persons
Rates are from 100€ to 220€ including breakfast
Open all year round